Thursday, September 23, 2010

More Of Venice

Raw03679

Raw03569

Raw03567

Raw03477

Raw03776

Raw03770

Raw03750

Raw03728

Raw03756

Raw03766
Do you twirl your pasta or eat it like Chinese noodles? When they say to cook pasta 'el dente', they really mean it. That's the big difference I found between the pasta served in Italy and outside of Italy.

Pizzaria Al Vechio Canton is where the gondoliers eat, away from the crowded, over-priced and tourists-filled San Marco Square. Super yummy spaghetti vongole (10 euros) and pizza brescola (also 10 euros), 1 large beer (4 euros) and 2 euros each cover charge.

The Rialto Bridge is to Venice as the Colosseum is to Rome but unfortunately we never got to see it as we didn't have the time. Bummer.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Terri, great stuffs! Indeed, eat where the gondoliers eat for as locals, they know what's good and what's total crap. Its ok to miss Rialto although it is indeed beautiful... it just gave you more reason to go back Venice before it sank ;)

Chocolate Cookies & Candies said...

I've been to Venice twice now and never get sick of it. Beautiful place despite being incredibly touristy. In fact, the last time we were there, the whole St Mark square was cordoned off for filming.

It was the Cassanova starring the late Heath Ledger and Sienna Miller. I took up close photos of them without realizing who they were until much MUCH later. I'm not good at recognizing celebrities' faces. Once I stared blankly into a HK actor's face while he tried telling me his name in English/Mandarin/Cantonese and all the movies he starred in. Nope. No idea. He told me to google him and I haven't tried to this day.

malaymui said...

nice photos terri! I actually saw my orange leather bag in one of your photos :)

Quay Po Cooks said...

Terri,
Your photos make me want to go to Venice NOW!!

Bubbles said...

It's 1.15am now but after reading ur post, I'm feeling very hungry! Lol!

terri@adailyobsession said...

joh: oh yes, i will go back

ccc: poor guy, he had to impress you on who he was :D

malaymui; oh, tt's the nicest one lol

quaypo, bubbles: :)0

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...