Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wey Is 13!

P1150811

Wey became a teenager today, no more at that awkward 'tween' age. I've made almost all of my kids' birthday cakes and Wey was the fussiest. He'd go through my Wilton books and choose his cakes. One year it was a toadstool, another a porcupine, and I've done all those train and dinosaurs cakes. So when he wanted a chocolate cake this year, I was relieved. What kind, a dense or light chocolate cake? I asked, but inside I was going: please say dense, please say dense! He said "Dense." Great! I'm so tired of making that ever popular choc supermoist cake which is nice but a little too eggy and common for me.

His cake turned out as dense as a brownie, and he liked it! A typical boy, he said to me as he ate the cake, "I don't care for light cakes. They are just full of air!"

P1150803a
Dense chocolate cake with choc ganache frosting

5 comments:

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

ha, since when u posted this ah? hahahahhaha...
Hey ur boy so cute =p hahahah

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Wey!
What a scrumptious looking chocolate cake and happy smiley faces :)

a feast, everyday said...

Wey, Happy birthday!!

Greg Wee said...

NEE: Hmm this cake looks wonderful. Lucky Wey! Thot you are banning him from food! Hai...soft hearted mum!

i am still in the midst of looking n experimenting on a very soft chocolate cake with a more spongy texture for greg's aunties and mum. one of this day must try your supermoist.

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

wey says 'Thank you"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...