Monday, October 8, 2007

Nothing For Dinner Anyway

The last 10 days were stressful for me as I helped Wey through his final exams. Sure, he's in Form One (grade 7) so what's the big deal. Well, he has about 10 subjects (English, Math, Science, Bahasa Malaysia, History, Geography, Kemahiran Hidup (Life Skills), Civics, Computer and Art). All but the first three are in Bahasa Malaysia, our national language which, if you don't speak at home, will be a toughie to master even though it really is an easy language to learn. If he doesn't do well, Wey may have to attend a month of extra tutoring during the upcoming school holidays and re-sit the remedial exam or face staying back in Form One. Chances are he'll have to stay back for remedial classes since he didn't do homework and assignments which account for half of the final exam marks. There goes our plan to spend a month or two together with Yi in Australia.

I was so upset (an understatement) with Wey when I found out that he's lost some of his textbooks for the 3rd or 4th time, and also lost most of his workbooks for the whole year, that I didn't give him dinner because food is all he cares about. He happily made half a dozen of grilled cheese sandwiches himself, defiantly tilting his head in a way that said "So what!" as he walked out the kitchen. That reminded me of the last time (last year) I said "No dinner for you!" and this was what he put on my door*:

P1150629a

Hmph!

*My daughter used to tell me what she thought of me when she was 8 or 9 by tapeing messages on my wardrobe door. I would reply her likewise. I won't embarass her here. Middle child is the only one who never wrote me messages--he just socks it to me when he's mad with me.

Note: Wey was doing his History project just now and we talked about his accomplishments so far. He reminded me that he was his class' 'Best Improved Student' last year, a feat I've totally forgotten.
Good thing Wey doesn't read my blog.

14 comments:

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

hahaha.. hey, your kid very strong in language !

I almost laugh out when i read he actually made his own sandwiches despite no dinner! hahahah... he wont die from starvation ...hahahah

red | hongyi said...

LOL!!!!!!!
SO FUNNY!!!!! I had fun reading this.

Gimme a call soon mama, I always enjoy talking to you. Gosh, I wish you were here. :(

Btw, thanks for protecting my reputation. You can blog about it, I was 8 or 9 anyway. Hehe. And many of my friends know about my running away from home...over very trivial matters, I think you don't even remember what they were about :P

red | hongyi said...

Wait...I thought Middle Child wrote you a message once? I won't further embarass him as well :D

MISS U MUMMYKINS

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

denise: XD DDDD

yi: i don't rmber ming writing me any msgs--must've been so bad i blocked it out of my memory.we better be careful--he reads my blog.ur running away letters r so funny i'm really tempted to share. u were so cartoon-classic, wrapping ur precious belongings (what were they??) in a piece of cloth, then tying tt to a broomstick or something and slinging it over ur shoulder--n then hid under d stairs to see if i cared!

Danny Ng said...

oh please do share about yi...

:: reliving my childhood moments ::

Danny Ng said...

oh, going to shanghai tomorrow morning. should be fun!

first thing i'm doing is getting myself a tailored suite :D hopefully its good quality and stitching.

it seems like i only have saturday to really spend exploring the city. the other days will be filled with work and perhaps a slight chance to explore at night (that's if i'm not knackered already!).

nong ho...!

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

danny:ho. neng shia je 'lucky'/choong ming. enjoy urself!

red | hongyi said...

Terri @ hungerhunger said...
denise: XD DDDD <---what was that?! geez u comment like...like...one of my friends! hehe

I'm impressed u remember! The first time that happened it was at Na's place. I got upset with u coz u sided Xiao Hu in a game of tic-tac-toe. I was gonna win but in the end, u guys trapped me and I thought, "I CANNOT LOSE TO HIM!!!"

I couldn't recommend any places for Danny to shop at, it was 10 years ago that I was there. :S Recommend some places?

About Ming...Ming are u reading this? hehe. Mama, it happened when Lea and Ryan stayed over. :P

Shan said...

Hi Terri sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to your email. It's been a busy week. LOL great post - good to read that things are taking a lighter turn :)

MeatballOnline said...

this is really nice!

all ur children are great! and smart too! i enjoy reading their blogs too! Anyone told u ur daughter look like amber chia? really pretty! Oh.. hope u share the "running away" note! kekeke... of cos, with ur daughter's permission as she reads ur blog!

Precious Pea said...

Hahahahahaha!! Wow...can smell your frustration from here. The note written by your son is so funny..gosh..if i were you, i really don't know whether to laugh or to be mad. Anyway, chill...since he love food, why not a nice meal for every As he score???

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

meatball ..
Speak of hong yi, I personally think she looks like " SUE-QI " lah!! serious

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

pbtgouh-thnx for kind words all!
-i've always said if wey does well (not even As, Bs r good enough), i'll throw a huge party. ya, a thanksgiving cum relief party.
-yes, i rmber now. subtlety is not Ming's game. he got mad with me over smthing n wrote his anger in red outside my bedroom door(wish i took a pic)! n it so happened lea, a psychiatrist fm Melbourne, was our hse guest. i was so relieved she didn't sit me down for a session.
-suqi,amber chia, even hilary (duff, not clinton)..then y is she studying n not making $$??(but thnx, i bet today she's walking straight, not slouching)

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

pbtgouh! hahaha, i did it again.word verification is a perverse test of your IQ n knowledge of the alphabets.so stressful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...